multi process seamonkey

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
MAK2030

multi process seamonkey

Post by MAK2030 »

will we ever get multi process version of Seamonkey?
it is so slow when you have multiple tabs.
Firefox on the other hand it super fast since it uses multi processes.

Thanks!
4td8s

Re: multi process seamonkey

Post by 4td8s »

I don't think so as the SM devs (so few of them) will never implement it

edit 9/1 - see this old topic made several years ago about multi-process or "electrolysis in SM"
MAK2030

Post by MAK2030 »

well, it should be priority #1. sea monkey is way too slow and gets stuck all the time. simply changing tabs bogs it down.
and what happened to the themes? lol
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

And since most users are not seeing this issue, what diagnostics have you tried to determine what might be causing your problems?
Have you tried starting the program in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
You're running under Win 7. What is the hardware configuration of your computer? How much memory?
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

MAK2030 wrote:well, it should be priority #1. sea monkey is way too slow and gets stuck all the time. simply changing tabs bogs it down.
MAK2030,

There are themes you can find, if you desire a change. I use XPFE-Classic with a couple of backups such as Metal Lions.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

MAK2030 wrote:well, it should be priority #1. sea monkey is way too slow and gets stuck all the time. simply changing tabs bogs it down.
it's not gonna happen anytime soon - at least not with the current SM 2.53.x releases (not sure about 2.57 or beyond)
plus there are too few SM devs lately working on SM

I hardly or seldomly have problems with SM with many tabs open (about up to 10 of them and running it on an old 2007 Dell laptop that has a mobile Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 cpu with 4Gb of RAM running Win7 SP1 x64 Ultimate edition)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

4td8s wrote:I hardly or seldomly have problems with SM with many tabs open (about up to 10 of them and running it on an old 2007 Dell laptop that has a mobile Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 cpu with 4Gb of RAM running Win7 SP1 x64 Ultimate edition)
Which suggests there is not much justification to make multi-process a high priority.
Wish You Were Here

Post by Wish You Were Here »

I currently have over 100 tabs open across 3 windows on an old Win 7 machine with 8Gb Ram. There are no performance issues in my view. I need to close and restart SM every two-three days however. Some sites are slower than others and some don't display at all, or display better in other browsers, but it isn't about the number of tabs open in SM.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

DanRaisch wrote:
Which suggests there is not much justification to make multi-process a high priority.
exactly.

even Palemoon runs with only a single process and I don't see the creator of that browser making a multi-process version in the future
ixander

Post by ixander »

4td8s wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:
exactly.

even Palemoon runs with only a single process and I don't see the creator of that browser making a multi-process version in the future
Was this contribution really so valuable you had to bump a three-month-dead thread?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking this an unproductive and, apparently, heading to incivility.