Is there a way to add the tab bar as a sidebar panel?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
ixander

Is there a way to add the tab bar as a sidebar panel?

Post by ixander »

I have the Vertical Tab Bar add-on but I'd really rather just have the sidebar and the tab bar combined into one. Is there an add-on or some other kind of hack I can do to add the tab bar as a panel in the sidebar?
davidb_sk

Re: Is there a way to add the tab bar as a sidebar panel?

Post by davidb_sk »

Give this a try:
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... l-tab-bar/

There's also this one, which I like and use. I have a Sidebar tab connected to my webmail account, which stays active in the background and there when I need it:
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... ustom-tab/
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)
ixander

Post by ixander »

I have both those addons. But using Vertical Tab Bar puts the tabs in a separate side panel from the Sidebar itself. It's not terrible, I can live with it, but it's not what I'd prefer.

Unfortunately, Add Custom Tab only lets me add web URLs as panel tabs, and there's no URL for my tab bar. (And it doesn't properly load some pages, like the Bitwarden vault, but that's a complaint for another thread.)

(I realize that it's a bit confusing that both the panel tabs and the tab bar tabs are called "tabs". I hope it's clear what I'm trying to do here, oops.)
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

Yeah, my apologies... I just didn't comprehend that the vertical tab bar you said you had was the one the I mentioned. Sorry about that. I also don't use that add-on myself, so I didn't realize that it didn't integrate into the F9 Sidebar.
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)