Other SeaMonkey site(s)?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Peter Creasey

Other SeaMonkey site(s)?

Post by Peter Creasey »

Two questions please...

1) In the unfortunate event that this wonderful SeaMonkey Board might somehow become unavailable, what other site(s) can/will folks here re-congregate at?

2) When I launch Frank Lion's site seamonkey.boards.net, I get a blank page with a large notice that I've been banned. This cannot be a valid situation. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
DanRaisch

Re: Other SeaMonkey site(s)?

Post by DanRaisch »

Peter Creasey wrote:2) When I launch Frank Lion's site seamonkey.boards.net, I get a blank page with a large notice that I've been banned.
I had no trouble connecting to that site using Firefox or SeaMonkey.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

DanRaisch wrote:
Peter Creasey wrote:2) When I launch Frank Lion's site seamonkey.boards.net, I get a blank page with a large notice that I've been banned.
I had no trouble connecting to that site using Firefox or SeaMonkey.
Dan, I have not participated on that site so it is curious (and troubling) that it says I'm banned using both SeaMonkey and Edge. I've never had any issues with Frank Lion (that I know about)...and where is Frank these days as he hasn't been visible here lately?

How does the site even recognize me as I don't get a chance to log on.

[EDITED TO ADD] I just tried to launch the site using my phone and immediately got the banned message.

Any thoughts?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

We see similar problems here and attribute it to gremlins. Have you tried to PM Frank on the forum to ask about the issue?
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

DanRaisch wrote: Have you tried to PM Frank on the forum to ask about the issue?
Dan, yes, no response. And Frank hasn't been seen here in quite some time...at least not by me.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

Peter Creasey wrote:
DanRaisch wrote: Have you tried to PM Frank on the forum to ask about the issue?
Dan, yes, no response. And Frank hasn't been seen here in quite some time...at least not by me.
my guess he is on his own forum he had made Peter, FRG might know the URL to that or some MOD
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

If you're talking about seamonkey.boards.net, I can't get into that site. I left Frank a PM here.
Last edited by Peter Creasey on August 28th, 2021, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

Peter Creasey wrote:If you're talking about seamonkey,boards.net, I can't get into that site. I left Frank a PM here.
ya got the wrong URL thats why Peter, try this https://seamonkey.boards.net/
James

Post by James »

Snake4 wrote:ya got the wrong URL thats why Peter
That is the same site as he just used a comma instead of a period by mistake in that post and if you read the OP again you would see he was referring to the same site.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

And I'm still banned. Baffling.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

This banning business is weird. If I used http://forums.mozillazine.org with SeaMonkey, I was banned. After I changed the bookmark to hostname plus "/index.php", I was no longer banned. With Webkit browsers, it was the other way around.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Anonymosity wrote: If I used http://forums.mozillazine.org with SeaMonkey, I was banned. After I changed the bookmark to hostname plus "/index.php", I was no longer banned.
Okay, I just now tried https://seamonkey.boards.net/index.php and got into ProBoards but got a popup error message saying something is wrong, try again...and it kept happening. Access denied.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

OK, for what its worth, I moderate on another board, and it seems some boards allow banning by IP address, which is a bit useless because most people now are on shared and constantly changing ip's, so only very few people on fixed ip's can be identified by it.

SO, this means that if for some reason your IP is known for spamming activities, someone may have banned it, so you are affected by that, unrelated to anything of yourself.

Otherwise, you should be able to view the site even if you were banned by name or email address, because the site does not know who you are until you attempt to log in.

When you used your phone, did you use it on your local wifi? If so this would have the same basic IP as your computer. You could try this again using your mobile data, and see what happens.

Also, find out your current IP address (type whats my ip in your url bar) and then check this out on the following site: https://cleantalk.org/blacklists
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Rob_S wrote:OK, for what its worth, I moderate on another board, and it seems some boards allow banning by IP address,

When you used your phone, did you use it on your local wifi? If so this would have the same basic IP as your computer. You could try this again using your mobile data, and see what happens.

Also, find out your current IP address (type whats my ip in your url bar) and then check this out on the following site: https://cleantalk.org/blacklists
Bingo! Yes, I got in fine when using my phone using mobile data. And, if I am reading it correctly, it appears that my IP address is listed as SPAM on the site you stipulate.

Is there some way to get my IP address cleaned up?

Thanks.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I tested 3 browsers on my iPad. All identify themselves as Safari, but 2 of them identify as the latest version and the other one identifies as a much earlier version of Safari. I got banned with hostname plus the index page by the latest versions but not by the older version.