Other SeaMonkey site(s)?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Peter Creasey

Re: Other SeaMonkey site(s)?

Post by Peter Creasey »

Frank, other folks have also said they have problems with our site. I have the problem from multiple devices and browsers...before I'm given the opportunity to identify myself via log in.

I just went to your site and immediately get a full page advisory that I've been banned.

I contacted you server support people and they confirmed that I am blocked and that this NOT something they will get involved with.

I've been impressed with your site in the past (when it worked) and am very interested in being able to participate there.

I've done everything I and others can think of to remedy the problem.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Wish You Were Here

Post by Wish You Were Here »

^^^ One of my main objections to ProBoards is their obstinance. They take actions at the sever level and refuse to help the individual board 'admins'. Most likely, it's your IP that's banned and not you or anything with the board you're trying to log into. If so, that IP may have been banned months or years ago as a result of something someone you've never heard of did.

I had that happen over there a few years ago. ProBoards wouldn't do anything until I promised not to do 'it' again. However, I had no idea what 'it' was. My TelCo uses dynamic IP addresses randomly assigned for each DSL connection. The only way I was able to get in was to force a cold reboot of the modem and DSL connection to get a new IP address. Never had the problem again and PB Admin never even knew.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Wish You Were Here wrote: Most likely, it's your IP that's banned
My recollecction is that I tried to access the site with my phone while wifi was off and still got blocked...perhaps in a different way but still blocked.

I'm not blocked from any other sites.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
trevoz

Post by trevoz »

I loved this answer from ProBoards regarding why your IP might be banned:
Your IP address seems to resolve to a server host rather than an ISP. This is likely why it's being met with a ban message.
Wacky or what?