Export passwords in Seamonkey 2,53

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Yazoo01

Export passwords in Seamonkey 2,53

Post by Yazoo01 »

I am looking for a programme or addon for Seamonkey 2.53 to store passwords in a database, spreadsheet or to another readable file. There is the addon "passwordexplorer", but it only works with older SM versions. Does anyone have an idea how to do this, because in the SM password manager, I can only call up each link individually, which makes it difficult to process the file quickly. Does anyone know how to do this?
hardys

Re: Export passwords in Seamonkey 2,53

Post by hardys »

Password exporter 1.3.4 is working in SM 2.53.10 when you use the Converter from http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/ first to convert the xpi file.

https://addons.thunderbird.net/EN-uS/fi ... sion-1.3.4
Yazoo01

Post by Yazoo01 »

Converting worked, but how does the app work? I can click the Export button in Settings, but nothing happens.
hardys

Post by hardys »

Unfortunately it stopped working with SM 2.53.9
I have tested older versions of SM and it is working with SM 2.53.6

To check, if older versions of SM work with this extension, I have made a backup of my profile and then installed the older version of SM over the current SM without any problems or data loss.
Yazoo01

Post by Yazoo01 »

I can even use the add to display all the passwords as a list, even showing me the date when the password was created, but I can't do more than look at them. I can mark them all, but I can't copy them. I might be further along if I knew where seamonkey creates this file, and what it is called, or whether it could be opened with a database or editor etc.
hardys

Post by hardys »

Passwords are stored in your profile in in the file logins.json
To view the content of this files I use https://addons.thunderbird.net/EN-uS/se ... er/?src=ss (you have to convert it first)
Yazoo01

Post by Yazoo01 »

The file Logins.json cannot be opened/connected. I get the following error message.
SQLiteManager: Error in opening file logins.json - either the file is encrypted or corrupt
Exception Name: NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED
Exception Message: Component returned failure code: 0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED) [mozIStorageService.openUnsharedDatabase]

What can or should I do to open the file?
hardys

Post by hardys »

You are correct, the .json file can not be opened with SQLite Manager, you can only open the .sqlite files.

You can open Logins.json with a editor, eg Notepad++ but in your special case it will not be helpful with your problem because username and password are encrypted in the table.
Yazoo01

Post by Yazoo01 »

I have now done it the other way round, and I have seen that the password files in Seamonkey and Firefox are the same. I switched from Seamonkey to Firefox. And since importing the passwords didn't really work, I was looking for an app that could import the file from Seamonkey into a CSV file, which apparently doesn't work either. Now I have copied these files from the profile folder into a backup folder, and then exchanged them for those from the Seamonkey profile. And that worked. So the password files from Seamonkey and Firefox seem to be the same, and I will probably be able to export them in Firefox too, which I will test. However, exchanging the Logins.json is not enough, you also have to exchange the two database files Key3 and Key4. It may be that Key3 is enough, but I immediately swapped them both, and that seems to work.
hardys

Post by hardys »

As far as I'm aware, key4.db is for the new version of SM and FF

See also: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14828994
frg

Post by frg »

In theory Password exporter 1.3.4 should still work after conversion. Tried it but it uses a legacy generator (yield i) and you clearly see an error about it in the console. I put a workaround in 2.53.9 to only allow this for system or add-code but seems not to work here. Not sure if I am able to fix this. If we allow the legacy generators again websites using yield as variables break. Bad code but gave up to report things to owners. Best option would be to kick the legacy generators together with the old add-on sdk out but this would even break more things. Sigh...

If you have only a few saved passwords then the old password dialog might be an option but you are not able to export from there.

FRG
therube

Post by therube »

(Windows) Nirsoft: WebBrowserPassView is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords stored by ... Web browsers.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Yazoo01

Post by Yazoo01 »

However, I managed to do it this way, using the method I described in the last post, and exporting it to a CSV file also worked afterwards. So it's done for me now, but thanks for your help.
frg

Post by frg »

JustOff works great. Thank you again.

FRG