Tmp files --- Image cache

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Wish You Were Here

Tmp files --- Image cache

Post by Wish You Were Here »

Generally, when you view a webpage, the files including pictures go into a temporary storage location or history cache of some kind. I used to be able to find it, but have forgotten where to look. Hints?
TPR75

Re: Tmp files --- Image cache

Post by TPR75 »

Wish You Were Here wrote:[...] storage location or history cache of some kind.
Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cache -> "Cache folder location" will tell you where to search for files.

But remember! There will be no extensions (like e.g. JPG)... :-"
--
Wish You Were Here

Post by Wish You Were Here »

Yeah, I found that, but I wasn't sure if it was the right lace for images .... since no extensions.

Will/should they display? Or can I search the file names without the extensions?

I'm looking for a specific image that was viewed in July.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Wish You Were Here wrote:I'm looking for a specific image that was viewed in July.
Well, it's not related to SeaMonkey, rather OS specific search. I'm using Total Commander and IrfanView (both paid versions) so it's easier for me... :wink:
--
therube

Post by therube »

You could (arbitrarily) rename all the files (or some subset thereof) to "*.jpg", then throw them into IrfanView (or otherwise).

In IrfanView, after opening one of the files, valid or not, hit a 'T', which will then open a thumbnails window, & for valid files, it will display... thumbnails.

Or in your file manager, Everything, TC (or otherwise), set it to display... thumbnails...
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
RDaneel

Post by RDaneel »

Or, you could take a look at

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_cache_viewer.html

I have been using this for years (earlier versions, obviously), and it and others of the tools listed at the front of the page are very flexible viewers of all your browser's historical data and metadata - not just the graphics that were displayed during your web surfing.