MozillaZine

Dumb Question: getting latest 1.2 builds?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
sage
 
Posts: 7
Joined: November 9th, 2002, 9:25 pm
Location: Sunny Brisvegas, Australia

Post Posted November 9th, 2002, 9:28 pm

G'Day!

Got a stupid question for you: I would really like to get my hands on a recent 1.2 nightly for win32, but I cant seem to find on on the ftp - all I can find is the 1.2b release and trunk builds. I know I'm missing something rudimentary, but it's Sunday morning here and last night being Saturday night I'm not quite firing on all 3 cylinders.. Anybody feel kind enough to help out a poor, hungover soul?

TIA.

asa

User avatar
 
Posts: 684
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 4:16 pm
Location: CA

Post Posted November 9th, 2002, 9:31 pm

sage wrote:G'Day!

Got a stupid question for you: I would really like to get my hands on a recent 1.2 nightly for win32, but I cant seem to find on on the ftp<snip>


try http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nigh ... est-trunk/

--Asa

sage
 
Posts: 7
Joined: November 9th, 2002, 9:25 pm
Location: Sunny Brisvegas, Australia

Post Posted November 10th, 2002, 1:03 am

Thankyou :)

I will never, ever drink again.

Honestly...

michaell
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 4:47 pm
Location: London, UK

Post Posted November 12th, 2002, 8:08 am

asa wrote:
sage wrote:G'Day!

Got a stupid question for you: I would really like to get my hands on a recent 1.2 nightly for win32, but I cant seem to find on on the ftp<snip>


try http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nigh ... est-trunk/

--Asa


he was looking for 1.2 nightlies for win32, not trunk builds - that URL is the location of the trunk builds.

the folder for 1.2 nightlies is http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest-1.2/ , but there aren't (yet) any win32 builds in there.

sage
 
Posts: 7
Joined: November 9th, 2002, 9:25 pm
Location: Sunny Brisvegas, Australia

Post Posted November 13th, 2002, 4:02 am

Thanks for the help :) I got it all sorted, now that I'm sober :)

ataferner
 
Posts: 44
Joined: November 6th, 2002, 5:31 am

Post Posted November 13th, 2002, 10:03 am

I dunno how you sorted it, but as far as i can tell although there is now a build in that dir for win32, the about page says 1.3 a and as far as i can tell it contains some of the same bugs as the most recent trunk builds? (pages with java crashing - downloads not saving).
tgnb

asa

User avatar
 
Posts: 684
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 4:16 pm
Location: CA

Post Posted November 13th, 2002, 10:09 am

tgnb wrote:I dunno how you sorted it, but as far as i can tell although there is now a build in that dir for win32, the about page says 1.3 a and as far as i can tell it contains some of the same bugs as the most recent trunk builds? (pages with java crashing - downloads not saving).


Those windows builds in the 1.2 directory are indeed 1.3a builds and not 1.2 builds.

--Asa

Radiowriter

User avatar
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 7:44 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Post Posted November 13th, 2002, 3:41 pm

Thanks for acknowledging this, Asa. Now, can you tell us if there actually IS a newer 1.2 win32 nightly than 11/08? Someone must be responsible for updating the ftp site, yet nobody seems to know what happened.

Never mind. I installed 2002111314 and it IS a 1.2 build.
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP

asa

User avatar
 
Posts: 684
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 4:16 pm
Location: CA

Post Posted November 13th, 2002, 11:56 pm

Radiowriter wrote:Thanks for acknowledging this, Asa. Now, can you tell us if there actually IS a newer 1.2 win32 nightly than 11/08? Someone must be responsible for updating the ftp site, yet nobody seems to know what happened.

Never mind. I installed 2002111314 and it IS a 1.2 build.


Yeah, I looked into it this morning. Apparently the build script for the windows 1.2 builds had an error and wasn't pulling the branch tag like it was supposed to. The build engineer made the change and kicked off a round of builds at mid day.

--Asa

larfnarf
 
Posts: 23
Joined: November 10th, 2002, 9:58 pm

Post Posted November 14th, 2002, 2:37 am

Heh,
I would just like to say thanks to asa for looking into it and making sure that continued 1.2 builds are available.

*hugs*

Return to SeaMonkey General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest