Backing up bookmarks & e-mail in Netscape 7.0

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
DeepFreeze3

Backing up bookmarks & e-mail in Netscape 7.0

Post by DeepFreeze3 »

Does anybody out there know how to back up the bookmarks in Netscape 7.0? Or e-mail messages in Netscape Mail? I might have to reinstall everything on my hard drive, and I'd like to have the option of easily going back to where I was, instead of starting from scratch again.
ksheka

Re: Backing up bookmarks & e-mail in Netscape 7.0

Post by ksheka »

DeepFreeze3 wrote:Does anybody out there know how to back up the bookmarks in Netscape 7.0? Or e-mail messages in Netscape Mail? I might have to reinstall everything on my hard drive, and I'd like to have the option of easily going back to where I was, instead of starting from scratch again.

It depends on the OS you're running. Assuming you have Windows, under the start menu, click on Find -> Files or Folders. Then look for the file prefs.js. The directory this lies in will also have a file bookmarks.htm (or something similar :-) ) that has your bookmarks. The directory the file lies in will have a subdirectory called Mail, which has all your mail folders.

If you copy the bookmarks file and Mail directory to another disk, that should serve you. When you reinstall Mozilla, run the application at least once, and then do the same to see where to copy the files back to.
DeepFreeze3

Post by DeepFreeze3 »

That bookmarks.htm file looks WILD. Another reminder of why IE bites.