Your opinion: Firefox+Thunderbird or Mozilla Suite?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
jem7

Post by jem7 »

Suite, of course! ;)
Amerk_5

Post by Amerk_5 »

sasquatch wrote:......I wished I'd gone with the suite......

You can still use the Suite. I've got both the Suite & Firefox installed. I've even run both at the same time without any problems.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
w1cpo

Post by w1cpo »

Absolutely the suite! However, I still check the optimized unofficial builds of Fx every now and then.
Prognathous

Post by Prognathous »

Another vote for the suite.

The only feature that I really like in Firefox and miss in the suite is form auto-completion, but that's hardly enough to make me switch. I prefer the way the suite handles tabs, the address bar, prefs, the sidebar and so on. In fact, I even find the Firefox installer to be annoying, as it makes parallel installations more difficult (but that's really nitpicking).

Prog.
mezziah

Post by mezziah »

Someone needs to make a poll then. It seems that the suite is more popular than Firefox :)
What will happen next? You never know.
Rob_Stow

Post by Rob_Stow »

Dunderklumpen wrote:Get Multizilla - you then can have a button that will create a new tab for you in the toolbar.

With FireFox no extension is needed to get this. Just right-click on your menubar or one of your toolbars and select "Customize". You will then have the option to drag n drop a "new tab" icon onto your menubar or one of your toolbars.

Personally, I have only the main menubar visible and I have hidden all of the toolbars.
Being able to move the "back" "forward" "refresh", "stop", and "new tab" buttons, as well as the address bar, onto the main menubar made this feasible. With all of that on the menu bar, the toolbars became redundant and I could thus hide them. I did the same sort of thing in Thunderbird.

This is great for me because I only have a 17" monitor and I don't want to waste valuable vertical screen space with all of those stupid toolbars. With Mozilla, this is not an option because toolbar and menubar customizability is essentially non-existent.
Prognathous

Post by Prognathous »

You can hide toolbars and use keyboard shortcuts or mouse gestures. Alternatively, press F-11 and use the full screen mode.

Prog.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Rob_Stow wrote:
Dunderklumpen wrote:Get Multizilla - you then can have a button that will create a new tab for you in the toolbar.

With FireFox no extension is needed to get this. Just right-click on your menubar or one of your toolbars and select "Customize". You will then have the option to drag n drop a "new tab" icon onto your menubar or one of your toolbars.

This is great for me because I only have a 17" monitor and I don't want to waste valuable vertical screen space with all of those stupid toolbars. With Mozilla, this is not an option because toolbar and menubar customizability is essentially non-existent.

That was one function, among many that you get with multizilla.
mezziah

Post by mezziah »

Where's the full feature list of MultiZilla?
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Only a 17"-inch monitor? Why the hell is that small? I have a 15"-inch monitor and it's big enough.
mezziah

Post by mezziah »

Dunderklumpen wrote:http://multizilla.mozdev.org/features/index.html

Thanks.

BenoitRen wrote:Only a 17"-inch monitor? Why the hell is that small? I have a 15"-inch monitor and it's big enough.

Oh, once you get a... say 21" monitor, you will say that a 15" and probably also a 17" monitor is small.
Scarrow

Post by Scarrow »

Personally, I prefer the Suite.

But I'm really not all that concerned what anyone else chooses to employ. Be it Seamonkey or FireFox/Thunderbird, just as long as the underlying engine has the same Gecko stamp brightly emblazoned on it.
We're all on the same side here, afterall...

- Scarrow
bass2496

Post by bass2496 »

I prefer the suite.

I used Mozilla until Phoenix 0.4 came out. I changed because of loading times and other speed issues. When Firefox 0.8 came out, the Download Manager made the browser unusable. I went back to the suite to find that all the speed issues had been resolved and the browser was just amazingly awesome. I'm using 1.8a right now and I'm really loving it.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Mezziah wrote:Oh, once you get a... say 21" monitor, you will say that a 15" and probably also a 17" monitor is small.

That's not my point. It's as if you're saying that a 15" monitor is small and shouldn't be used, and that having toolbars on your screen affects how much the toolbars bother you or not.