MozillaZine

Mozilla email won't open if the browser is open...

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Cliff

Post Posted November 14th, 2002, 2:15 pm

I was running Mozilla 1.1 release and i decided to upgrade to 1.2b but after i loaded 1.2b I couldn't get the email client to work after i opened the browser. Its the same if i open the email first. the browser won't work. Also, if i open the browser then close it, then try to open it again it won't open.
I am running Windows 2000 professional and i found when i ctrl+alt+del and go to the Processes tab there is a mozilla.exe running I can then End Process that and I can open Mozilla back up but only once. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 1.1, 1.2b, and one of the nightly builds at least 2 times each.
If anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix this please let me know.

Cliff

Gunnar

Post Posted November 14th, 2002, 4:25 pm

Do you use a third party theme ? If so, change back to one of the standard themes (classic or modern).

Other than that, did you uninstall Mozilla 1.1 before you upgraded to 1.2b, or are you using any add-ons?

Gunnar
http://mozilla.gunnars.net - The Mozilla Help Site

Cliff

Post Posted November 15th, 2002, 6:02 am

Is there any way i can make windows think mozilla was never installed? kind of like just starting over.

nicubunu

Post Posted November 15th, 2002, 6:43 am

You can install mozilla in another directory and create another profile.
To delete Mozilla completelly, for full reinstall: locate the profile directory, remove it, uninstall mozilla, delete mozver.dat in windows directory.

Cliff

Post Posted November 15th, 2002, 7:32 am

Thanks nicubunu, deleting mozilla completely solved my problem. I think the problem was with the profile, because i had uninstalled and deleted the mozver.dat on a previous occasion.

Return to SeaMonkey General