Disable notifications for a specific email account

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
fopdudel

Disable notifications for a specific email account

Post by fopdudel »

Hi there. As the title says I would like to disable notifications for just one specific email account rather than all the email accounts. There doesn't seem to be a native way to do this so I was wondering if there were any add-ons that enable this. I don't really mind whether I do it natively or with an add-on. Thanks in advance :)
DanRaisch

Re: Disable notifications for a specific email account

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.

Please clarify what you want to do. Do you just want to disable notification or also disable the retrieval of messages for the account?
How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
fopdudel

Post by fopdudel »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to Thunderbird Support.

Please clarify what you want to do. Do you just want to disable notification or also disable the retrieval of messages for the account?
How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Just disable notifications.

It's an IMAP server.

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try unchecking the following options under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings:

Check for new messages at startup
Check for new messages ever NN minutes
Allow immediate server notification when new messages arrive
fopdudel

Post by fopdudel »

DanRaisch wrote:Try unchecking the following options under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings:

Check for new messages at startup
Check for new messages ever NN minutes
Allow immediate server notification when new messages arrive
Thanks. Does that mean that I wouldn't receive new messages when they arrive? Is there a way to enable automatic message retrieval but just not get Windows notifications for it?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You would have to disable email notification at the Windows level but that would impact all accounts.

Note thought that you would still get new messages for that account by clicking on the down pointing arrow at the right side of the "Get Messages" button on the toolbar and selecting the entry for that specific account.