Thunderbird 115 Supernova Preview (beta 111)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Ezh

Thunderbird 115 Supernova Preview (beta 111)

Post by Ezh »

Have you tied the new TB 111 beta with new Supernova UI?

I'm disappointed at this stage. The mail density, columns. Hope it will be fixed in the next betas.
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird 115 Supernova Preview (beta 111)

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Builds.
morat

Post by morat »

Why We're Rebuilding The Thunderbird Interface From Scratch
http://blog.thunderbird.net/2023/02/the ... ground-up/

Thunderbird Supernova Preview: New Folder Pane
http://blog.thunderbird.net/2023/02/thu ... lder-pane/

Thunderbird Supernova Preview: New Calendar Design
http://blog.thunderbird.net/2022/11/thu ... ar-design/
Ezh

Post by Ezh »

Tnx. I do follow the TB blog.

One of the goals was not to break the UI for oldies. At this moment it is not near equal to the current one.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Ezh wrote:Tnx. I do follow the TB blog.

One of the goals was not to break the UI for oldies. At this moment it is not near equal to the current one.
In addition, a lot of the add-on developers haven't caught up to the changes as yet so a lot of add-ons which make my life a lot easier do not work with v111. I have run on the beta channel for many years now and always updated as soon as the next version was pushed out but for the time being I am going to have to stop with v110.

This is not a criticism of the changes or Thunderbird developers as the need for the update has been clearly explained but there should perhaps have been a bit more time at the alpha stage to make things a bit closer to the end-state capabilities before moving to the beta testing.
Ezh

Post by Ezh »

I do not use any add-ons. Which add-ons do you use? Maybe they will be helpful for me as well.

Tried once again the 111 beta. It is totally unusable. Marks random mails as read, does not let you return to unread, does not refreshes the mail folder etc.
So, avoid on this stage, it is a alpha quality at this point. They released it to early.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I don't like the fact that if you grab an email from the inbox, try to file in an unopen folder it does not open the parent and let you drop to the child.
Double click a folder will open the folder if it has email directly under it.
Double click a folder without emails but sub-folders will not open the folder or sub-folders.

Is that a bug?
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Has 111 been pulled?

I'm still on 110b4. Yesterday going to About Thunderbird from the Help menu offered me 111b2. Just now it recorded that I am on 110b4 and that Thunderbird is up to date.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Thunderbird Ver 111.0b1 and 111.0b2 appeared yesterday, as best I can tell. Still there in the releases directory for download.

Several quirks but appears to be a good clean start for a new look.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

BruceAWittmeier wrote:Thunderbird Ver 111.0b1 and 111.0b2 appeared yesterday, as best I can tell. Still there in the releases directory for download.

Several quirks but appears to be a good clean start for a new look.
I checked the release directory and saw them after the Thunderbird update module stopped offering them which is what prompted my question!
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Ezh wrote:I do not use any add-ons. Which add-ons do you use? Maybe they will be helpful for me as well.

Tried once again the 111 beta. It is totally unusable. Marks random mails as read, does not let you return to unread, does not refreshes the mail folder etc.
So, avoid on this stage, it is a alpha quality at this point. They released it to early.
Add-ons

Name Type Version Enabled ID

British English Dictionary (Marco Pinto) dictionary 3.1.8 true marcoagpinto@mail.telepac.pt
Disable DragAndDrop (Thunderbird) extension 4.14.0 true disable_dnd_tb_v2@pqrs.org
ImportExportTools NG extension 11.2 true ImportExportToolsNG@cleidigh.kokkini.net
Lightning Calendar Tabs extension 2.8 true lightningcalendartabs@jlx.84
Manually sort folders extension 2.2.1 true tbsortfolders@xulforum.org
Message Header Toolbar Customize extension 2.2.1 true msghdrcustomize@hogi.sakura.ne.jp
No Message Pane Sort extension 2.0.1 true nomessagepanesort@janek.org
Remote Content By Folder extension 2.0 true remote-content-by-folder@kamens.us
Restart Button extension 1.5 true restartButton@dillinger
Send Later extension 9.2.8 true sendlater3@kamens.us
Xpunge extension 3.0.1b true {786abda0-fd14-d247-bf69-38b2fc18491b}
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Thought I would give this a play today. Added a couple of RSS feeds and my live.com account.

When I delete a message from the live.com account, the preview pane does not change to the next message, even though the selection is indicated to be the next message. When you do anything with the message, like reply, the message contents is replaced with the correct message contents.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

im also finding Loading a Gmail email SLOW in Daily
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

Gone Postal wrote:Has 111 been pulled?

I'm still on 110b4. Yesterday going to About Thunderbird from the Help menu offered me 111b2. Just now it recorded that I am on 110b4 and that Thunderbird is up to date.
No, 111 was not pulled. But we had enough feedback that no further users were needed on 111. So we disabled updates.

112 will be available shortly. It is expected that updates will again be enabled
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

smsmith wrote:Thought I would give this a play today. Added a couple of RSS feeds and my live.com account.

When I delete a message from the live.com account, the preview pane does not change to the next message, even though the selection is indicated to be the next message. When you do anything with the message, like reply, the message contents is replaced with the correct message contents.
Display mismatch after delete is a known, and important issue.

It is in listed in one of the bug queries at https://docs.google.com/document/d/10cG ... pNwaE/edit