Request a new feature in Thunderbird - Message Redirect

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

Aww Sh*t

I always check my links.. ( except for this time :oops: )

Its fixed now
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

Anybody who has downloaded and tried this extension, Please give me feedback as I am anxious to know how it is performing outside my (mad laboratory) environment
tphank

Post by tphank »

I've tried it. Thanks. :)

It appears that the Auto Forward is just that, (not a Redirect). I was unable to get full the funtionality actionValue="name@mailaddress.com%%Forwarded on to you by Fred Flintstone" where it indicated that Fred forwarded it. Sender was the recipient of the original email.

AutoReply works.

What does type=1 do?
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

Type 1 ? have *NO IDEA* hehe, just tried to mimic the real filters file.. (the extension ignores the line )

Ok, regarding redirect, would it be ok to just make the forwarded message 'replyto' the original sender ?

What do you mean by
tphank wrote:I was unable to get full the funtionality
?
tphank

Post by tphank »

What is the functionality of the action line
AutoForward
actionValue="name@mailaddress.com%%Forwarded on to you by Fred Flintstone"
The email gets forwarded from the original recipient to "name@mailaddress.com". the text "Forwarded on to you by Fred Flintstone" doesnt appear anywhere as indicated in your guidelines.

>>Ok, regarding redirect, would it be ok to just make the forwarded message 'replyto' the original sender ?
That would be a start, but I'd prefer to keep the original sender intact.
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

Interesting,

The text "Forwarded on to you by Fred Flintstone" should appear *before* the attached message ( the attached message is the original that YOU received) on the ultimate recipient's message.

If you have (in tools..options...composition..forward messages ..in line ) then the fowarded message will (should) appear below the text.
If you have (in tools..options...composition..forward messages ..as attachment) then the fowarded message will (should) be the only thing in the body.
Are you saying that the text "Forwarded on to you by Fred Flintstone" does not appear on the ultimate recipient's message ?
What version of TB are you using ( please specify in 20040801 terms )

I cannot reliably keep the original sender intact because many mail servers deny sending 'as' someone else ( relaying denied error )
tphank

Post by tphank »

I'm using "version 0.7+ (20040804)" (nightly 0.8 ) and the tools option is in line, but the messages forwarded thru the filter are sent as attachments?!

I'd be willing to face the reliability issues of a true redirect, especially since they would mostly be within our company domain...
mwylde

Post by mwylde »

Where can I find the example config file?
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

mwylde,

An example config file is in the XPI ( the xpi is just a zip file )
it is called filters.txt
stefvik

Post by stefvik »

well I thought if TB had just a redirect feature - I could redirect important and "keeper" messages to some gmail / yahoo webmail account just for that purpose - so I could have some sort webmail backup of all my necessary emails for access from any computer.
I'd like the "REDIRECT" function so I could reply directly to the sender with one click and also I could archive/search etc...

I think this would be a good compromise.

apple mail.app has the redirect function...

do you know if "redirect" is considered for future releases?
stefano
Mac OS X 10.4.6 MacBook 13"
bush

Post by bush »

ability to delete attachments. i'm in fact wondering why this feature isn't implemented yet. :angry:
kid rock rocks
stefvik

Post by stefvik »

bush wrote:ability to delete attachments. i'm in fact wondering why this feature isn't implemented yet. :angry:
there is an extension to delete attachments actually. it works fine.
stefano
Mac OS X 10.4.6 MacBook 13"
hansen

Post by hansen »

Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

OOps, I had made the change to set the reply-to to the original sender's address on autoforwards but neglected to upload the new xpi..

The new xpi (ver 0.1.1) is now uploaded
Dragom

Post by Dragom »

Hey, your extension is exactly the thing I was looking for.. I do have a couple of questions.

Since I have more than 1 e-mail account setup in Thunderbird, is there any way to have this filter only apply for a certain e-mail. I would like to only be able to forward new messages from one account and not all of them.

Another thing, once I receive a message sometimes I get a blank window titled (Sending message) which stays on forever and the message never gets forwarded. And in one instance where I had more than 5 new messages at one time 5 of these windows popped up and Thunderbird crashed.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Tbird 0.7.3 (20040803)