Composer enhancements

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
blalor

Composer enhancements

Post by blalor »

I'd really like to see a more svelte composer window for new mail messages, and the ability to re-flow existing text (ala pine's C-j and emacs' M-q).

I really see no need to show four fields for selectable headers. I'm willing to bet that most of the time folks only fill in the To field. Of course there needs to be an easy way to add more headers (and custom headers, at that!), but a large amount of screen real estate is wasted there, IMO. Also the Attachments box that takes up a third of the window is a huge waste. There's gotta be a more streamlined approach to showing the attachments.

I'm finding now that as I move away from pine and start using T-bird and Mozilla for mail, I really miss the ability to reformat quoted text. For example, if I get an email from someone using mutt or Outlook and they don't wrap their lines at 80 or so characters, when I reply to the message and quote it, I'll have one really long line that scrolls off the screen to the right. Reflowing that line to a paragraph makes it easier to read in the composer window.
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

Agree with you there about the headers and the attachmenst box, they could do with bing adjustable as they plain just dont look right.