Is it possible to have larger icons in TB?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
Dorq

Is it possible to have larger icons in TB?

Post by Dorq »

Hi, just wondering if it's possible to use larger icons in TB?
For example, I would like to change the 16x16 folder icons to 32x32 icons instead.
Thanks.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Yep, icons can theoretically be any size: it depends on the size that the current theme sets for them.

The new Thunderbird theme's default icons are actually 32x32 anyway, with a "small" set at 24x24. I imagine that as Thunderbird progresses more of the larger-icon themes such as Nautilus or Phoenity Beyond will be adapted to it.

- Chris
Dorq

Post by Dorq »

thumperward wrote:Yep, icons can theoretically be any size: it depends on the size that the current theme sets for them.

The new Thunderbird theme's default icons are actually 32x32 anyway, with a "small" set at 24x24. I imagine that as Thunderbird progresses more of the larger-icon themes such as Nautilus or Phoenity Beyond will be adapted to it.

- Chris

Yes, but what I'm referring to is the folder icons, like 'Inbox,' 'Drafts' and 'Sent' which are only 16x16. I've changed the inbox icon (.gif) to a 32x32 icon, but it gets cropped to 32x16, presumably due to a setting somewhere in a .css file. I have yet to locate where...

Here's a small picture to illustrate it: