to/from

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
mjm

to/from

Post by mjm »

It seems such an obvious feature - but I haven't seen it since the good-ole-days of my NeXT computer (that's 10 years ago now, or over 5 Moore-generations).

When I look at my Sent folder, it's full of mails from me (surprise surprise) - and other mail folders (organized by topic) contain mails from me as well as to me. Those that are sent by me ought to say "To: Joe" instead of having the sender's name (mine) there.

So, in displaying any mail folder, there should be a simple line of code:

If "Sender = username" then display "To: whomever" fi

or something like that. Surely it can't be hard to code (I'm not a programmer - just a simple mathematician).

Perhaps even in the configurations panel a selection of names / addresses that should be replaced in the display.

Thanks for considering this. And thanks for producing firebird and thunderbird - I lov'em.

J

ps What's BBCode?
JC

Post by JC »

Strange, in my local folder's sent folder, it has the Recipient as the column, but in my IMAP sent folder, it has the sender (me) as the column.
Gilles

Post by Gilles »

This is <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=168060" titme="default Sent folder in IMAP account shows Sender header, not recipient">bug 168060</a>
mjm

Post by mjm »

In my NeXT mail client - each mail folder would adapt the display according to whether I was the sender (in which case it would show the recipient) or not. Sounds simple to me! :?

J

Should I post this on the relevant bugzilla posting ?