Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
In Outlook, I can simply hit ctrl-shift-V, then use the arrow keys to move a message from the inbox to another folder. Is there any way to move a message from one folder to the next without using the mouse? Also, is there any shortcut key for opening the address book? Thanks a bunch, Mike.
I forgot to mention that I use Windows XP SP2, TB version 126.96.36.199.
1. Not very easily, no. You can use keyboard shortcut Alt+M, Alt+M to access the "Move to" sub-menu of the "Message" menu, but from there it gets tricky with the keyboard and a mouse will work better for you.
2. You can use menu short-cut Ctrl+2 to open the Address Book window. (Confirm that under the Tools menu because I'm going from memory! I don't have a 188.8.131.52 version available right now.)
Thanks. Using the alt-M is a few more steps than I'd like to do--especially since my personal folders are nested way in, but I guess I'll make do. Also thanks for the ctrl-2 for the address book. My oversight--the shortcut is shown right there in the listing on the tools menu. Usually I catch that sort of thing.
No problem, and you're welcome.
Another vote for Nostalgy. If it wasn't for this extesion I would have abandoned TB as I mainly use it w/ gmail imap, which prior to TB3 didn't integrate well. I would use it to move messages to Gmail's trash folder, which is not a standard IMAP folder. I set Nostalgy up so that all i had to do was:
1) hit "d" to initiate the move command
2) start typing "trash" and it would autocomplete the folder name
3) hit ENTER to complete the move
it also remembered this folder/action so in the future, if i wanted to move files to the trash i could just hit "Q" [note these are all my custom keys, which you can configure yourself in the Nostalgy settings]
However, i find myself using nostalgy less in TB3 as it integrates well w/ Gmail's folders and I've mainly been using the new Smart Inbox feature. It's still very handy and being able to hide folder pane w/ a shortcut key is also very nice. And finally, Nostalgy is definitely compatible w/ TB3 and there was even a new update today as well.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest