empty archives

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
voordeckers

empty archives

Post by voordeckers »

I loved Outlook Express because of its easy storage of emails but finding out that Windows 7 didn't have OE anymore ,I had to find a program which would keep my emails on my HD for future reference and I ended up with Thunderbird. I have the archive function set to keep emails in a particular year, but now I find that these folders are empty and also thunderbird seems to delete emails after about 3 months in the archive. What am I doing wrong and where are my archives ?
DanRaisch

Re: empty archives

Post by DanRaisch »

* Which version of Thunderbird? Check Help>About for the version number.
* How is that mail account set up, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
* Is your mail service from an ISP, corporate e-mail system or Web-based?
* Do you regularly compact your folders? Check http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders for more information on compacting folders.
voordeckers

Re: empty archives

Post by voordeckers »

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late answer because of work and family I don't always have the time to mess around with the computer apart from reading emails etc... Anyway in answer to your questions, the Thunderbird version is 24.4.0, I'm using iprimus as my server and the email account is set up as IMAP, I only compact folders when Windows advises me to, maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
Hope this helps and you can advise me to find my disappeared folders. Thanks.