Subject Manager Addon Doesn't work

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Subject Manager Addon Doesn't work

Post by ep2012 »

Hi everyone,

So I used to use the Subject Manager add-on for over a year now & when I went to upgrade to 31.0 it wouldn't work. It shows the subject lines & when I type in the first few characters & choose which one I want, it only inserts whatever I already typed in.

I had other issues with the add-on before where it doesn't let me type in my own subject line that has the same first 2-3 words as it takes over & stops me from trying to type in other words & I have to backspace all the pre-created words I don't want to type in what I do want.

So I e-mailed the developer hoping he could fix the issues (at the very least that it doesn't work in 31.0) & right away I had problems with his attitude. He didn't come out & say it, but based on his repeated questions & how he talked, it was clear he was saying nothing was wrong with his add-on & it was all me. I don't fair well with people who aren't nice. He also said he couldn't understand me & after trying twice, I finally gave up, especially when it was clear that he thinks just b/c it's free, why even care what I think.

I just upgraded to TB 31.11 hoping that would solve the problem, but it hasn't.

Does anyone know of another app that provides me a quick way to insert pre-created subject lines?

Thanks a ton.

Michelle
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Re: Subject Manager Addon Doesn't work

Post by DanRaisch »

ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Yeh I didn't understand that. The other one you just enter in subject lines in the back end & when you start typing in the subject line it brings up all the subjects with those first & second words, then you just pick which one you want.

This one makes no sense to me as it's about the body & I don't even know what a header is nor do I see a way to store subject lines, but thank you.
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I can tell that you didn't try it out. It's not just about the body of the message. That's only one option of the extension. Once installed you can access it from within a message and select "Change header details" which then brings up a dialogue box offering fields to edit the Subject, Date, Sender name, Recipient name, etc.
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Actually I did install it & couldn't find anything that told me what to do.

Even now I went in & it says click on Ctrl + & I did & nothing came up.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

While reading a message, use menu path Message->HeaderToolsLite to bring up the dialogue. No hot key involved.
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Ok, I had to disable it b/c the next thing I knew, it was making ALL my font in the body size 1,000 of something. Any signatures or even if I just typed inside.

I don't know why it did that.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Possibly a conflict with another extension because it's not doing that here.