Junk Mail filters import/export

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
toadisland

Junk Mail filters import/export

Post by toadisland »

I have recently re-installed (an older) version (28.4.1) of Tbird. I had exported (saved) my personal (created here) junk mail filters. The version I have now does not have an import/export feature that i can find. Please help. Do I have to run a newer version to be able to import?

Btw, I'm using the older version because I do not like recent changes made to addressing.
DanRaisch

Re: Junk Mail filters import/export

Post by DanRaisch »

Newer versions of Thunderbird do not have a filter import feature either. You might have installed an extension to provide that functionality. See this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29
toadisland

Post by toadisland »

Thanks. The filter article you suggested pointed to an old add-on, apparently incompatible. I tried it but could not instill it.

I had apparently, before, just copied the "msgFilterRules" from my profile to a backup collection. I tried to do a direct "copy, save" into the profile but it did not "take". It was gone when I looked again - more than once.

It would be nice to have an add-on to import and export junk filters.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You should be able to copy the file msgFilterRules.dat from one profile to another or from one account to another. You have to do that with Thunderbird closed.