MozillaZine

Junk Mail filters import/export

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
toadisland

Post Posted March 11th, 2015, 8:08 am

I have recently re-installed (an older) version (28.4.1) of Tbird. I had exported (saved) my personal (created here) junk mail filters. The version I have now does not have an import/export feature that i can find. Please help. Do I have to run a newer version to be able to import?

Btw, I'm using the older version because I do not like recent changes made to addressing.

DanRaisch

Post Posted March 11th, 2015, 8:25 am

Newer versions of Thunderbird do not have a filter import feature either. You might have installed an extension to provide that functionality. See this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29

toadisland

Post Posted March 11th, 2015, 11:30 am

Thanks. The filter article you suggested pointed to an old add-on, apparently incompatible. I tried it but could not instill it.

I had apparently, before, just copied the "msgFilterRules" from my profile to a backup collection. I tried to do a direct "copy, save" into the profile but it did not "take". It was gone when I looked again - more than once.

It would be nice to have an add-on to import and export junk filters.

DanRaisch

Post Posted March 11th, 2015, 11:39 am

You should be able to copy the file msgFilterRules.dat from one profile to another or from one account to another. You have to do that with Thunderbird closed.

Return to Thunderbird Features