Keep Unread messages always on top

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
fscussel

Keep Unread messages always on top

Post by fscussel »

Hello, I would like to have the unread messages always on top. Sometimes I receive emails late on the day but with a morning time, so they go down in the list, making me have to find them. I know there's the option to show only unread email, but I don't want to use that either, because it hides all other email. I would like a mix, meaning unread emails always stay on top but with all the rest showing equally below them. Is this already possible, or perhaps thru an extension? thanks
tanstaafl

Re: Keep Unread messages always on top

Post by tanstaafl »

Enable a 'Status' column in the folder listing using the small square control at the far right edge of the columns (its a list box). Then click on the Status column if necessary to toggle its sort order. I'd suggest enabling "view -> sort by -> status" but that doesn't let you control whether its ascending or descending.
fscussel

Re: Keep Unread messages always on top

Post by fscussel »

That does not work, If I sort it by status I get a mess... then If I click by date it's like I haven't messed with status ever. This need fixing. A single option "keep unread messages on top" would do it.