One click Contact Edit

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
bimvisual

One click Contact Edit

Post by bimvisual »

Hi,

I am looking for a quick contact edit by a simple one click feature. Basically what I want is to edit the contact directly in the list view. That would be more easier than double click and get the full contact database area and fields (such as eM Client). Variables in list view can be set how the user wants as a personal thing we need only Full Name, Email Address, Telephone and Notes, and would be easier to edit in the list view.

That would be great if someone could suggest where this feature to be set or any alternative.

Thanks,
Andras
tanstaafl

Re: One click Contact Edit

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't know of a way to do that from the folder listing. However, if you enable the contacts side pane in the compose message window (press F9 or use view -> contacts sidebar), right click on a contact in the list and select properties you can edit the entire contact. There is a related contacts side bar add-on that is displayed in a separate pane in the main window. I believe you can edit its contents the same way. The contacts tab add-on sounds similar, except it runs in a tab. The address book tab add-on lets you run the address book from a tab.