Feature suggestion: filter option to disable popup notif.

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
bocklt

Feature suggestion: filter option to disable popup notif.

Post by bocklt »

I love Thunderbird, it is such a valuable, sane, precious piece of software in modern internet ecosystem.

I have a little feature request - which the prominence of mailing lists, I would like some filtered messages (typically moved to a mailbox) to avoid triggering the popup notification to reduce distraction and keep popups on regular/important messages. This is regardless of the filtered message being archived or not.

So one of the filter action or option could be e.g. "Disable popup notification for this message". If we fetch mail and all the fetched mails have been filtered this way, then the popup wouldn't appear.

Throwing the idea out here, I don't know if this would interest a developer but it would seem like a low hanging fruit to me to enable users to reduce daily distractions.

Thanks a lot for reading,
O.
DanRaisch

Re: Feature suggestion: filter option to disable popup notif

Post by DanRaisch »

For the most part there are no developers here. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.

As far as I am aware, there are no extensions that support the function you describe.
bocklt

Post by bocklt »

Dan,

Thank you for your answer!
Would you happen to know what is the right/formal way to submit feature request to developers?

O.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Suggestions can be posted on Mozilla's Bugzilla site. Note that that is not a forum like this one so you are not likely to receive a "personal" answer to your post. You should search before posting to see if anyone else has asked for the same thing and, if there is an existing suggestion, simply vote for it. "Me too" posts are not appreciated or welcome.