Feature suggestion: Table view of configured email addresses

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
nkemp

Feature suggestion: Table view of configured email addresses

Post by nkemp »

I'd like to suggest a Table view for all email address configuration details. It would make it easier to setup and manage multiple email accounts per profile. It would make it easy to make sure all the fields for a certain email provider (such as Hotmail) are configured the same.

Currently you can only see the parameters per account. As such you need to switch back & forth to compare configs.

At a min it would be nice to be able to export the table. Preferred would be to use the table to config all listed emails (changes made to the table affect the configuration)

Nick
LoudNoise

Re: Feature suggestion: Table view of configured email addre

Post by LoudNoise »

It is already there if I am reading the question correctly. Go to Help --> Troubleshooting information. The second section called "Mail and News Accounts " should do the trick for you. Either email this to yourself or copy to the clipboard.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
nkemp

Re: Feature suggestion: Table view of configured email addre

Post by nkemp »

Yes & no. It lacks a number of details, such as the account name, email address, what SMTP server is used and more. I was thinking more along the lines of all the parameters shown in the various "View settings for this Account" pages