Feature Request: Right-click on Email > Create Filter

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
michaelmuller

Feature Request: Right-click on Email > Create Filter

Post by michaelmuller »

I've been using Eudora since version 2.0 back in 199...5? Can't remember. Anyway... it's not so great at IMAP, Qualcomm dropped support back about a decade ago, and there are mounting issues running it on Windows. So I'm finally taking the leap.

One thing I miss, other than the non-Account based folder setup (multiple "Personalities" can be created in Eudora, and their emails can be Filtered to any folder, anywhere) is the ability to right-click on an email in mailbox view (all emails listed) and Click "Create Filter", which takes information in that email and pre-fills in the fields, eg; the From, To and Subject info. Saves me from having to write all that stuff in.

Any possibility of having that added to the context sensitive menu when you right-click on an email?

Thanks,

Mik
trolly

Re: Feature Request: Right-click on Email > Create Filter

Post by trolly »

Try the "quickfilters" addon.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
michaelmuller

Post by michaelmuller »

Do you mean the little tool button at the end of the line that starts with Get Messages, Write, Chat, etc? Yeah, I have that. I'm looking to add Filters that automatically move emails to specific folders as they come in. This QuickFilters button just looks like a way to filter the emails in your current window. Confusing to use the word Filter in both places.
trolly

Post by trolly »

No.
I got "QuickFilters: Create Filter from Message ..." in the context menu of every mail. I guess it is mostly a simplified UI for "Message -> Create Filter from Message".
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.