Custom editable columns

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
z3l

Custom editable columns

Post by z3l »

Hello all!

Just curious if I can achieve something like that in Thunderbird. I've installed Columns Wizard, so I can add my own columns. I've added a column "Company" and "Project". However, the data inside these columns should be taken from mail header. I've enabled "edit header" option in columns wizard, but the context menu of it doesn't show any options. So can I somehow edit my mails manually, giving them appropriate Company and Project values, so thunderbird can show me them? (It can be locally, since it's my work mail and only here I need that stuff)
DanRaisch

Re: Custom editable columns

Post by DanRaisch »

It looks like Custom Columns can only display additional columns if the data to be displayed is already present in the message as header data. As "Company" and "Project" are not standard elements of email message headers there would be no source for the display of that information.
z3l

Post by z3l »

Figured that out too :) Is there any plugin for editing headers in convinient way? Is this even safe, will it overwrite the original mails at my mailbox? Is there even a way to add custom header like company and project?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Maybe something like this extension -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... n/xnotepp/