Feature suggestions

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
Asger-P

Feature suggestions

Post by Asger-P »

Hi

Save all attachments
When a number of mails are selected there are a lot of different ways to save those
messages, but I i miss one that say: "Save All Attachment". This one should save only
the attachment and rename automatically if there is name conflict.

See All Messages
I miss a way to see both inbox and sent messages mixed together threaded and I suggest
using the account page for that, the page that is shown when clicking on the account name.
Everything on the account page could just as well be in the account name popup menu.
In the settings for that view it should be possible to chose which folders to include in the
view.

Thanks for a great program.
Best regards
Asger
DanRaisch

Re: Feature suggestions

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Features.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Save all attachments" only exists for the message you are reading. However, there might be an add-on that does what you want. For example, AttachmentExtractor. It "Extracts all attachments from selected messages and then can delete, detach or mark-read". Click on the development channel link at the bottom of the add-ons web page for the most recent version.

"See all messages" is already implemented for IMAP accounts. Create a virtual folder using "saved search" that specifies it should contain the contents of those folders. It doesn't effect where the messages are physically stored. Think smoke and mirrors. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Saved_Search

Thunderbird has many features that take a bit of experimenting/exploration to discover since its poorly documented. Many new features are also added as a add-on that is available at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ .
Asger-P

Post by Asger-P »

Hi tanstaafl
Thanks for your reply.
The Attachment Extractor works perfectly. :D
The saved search works ok, but unfortunately the folder is placed all at the bottom of my rather long folder-list no matter what I try. :(

I still think it would be a much better use of the prime "real estate" at the Account Page, to have a saved search there or at least an option to do so. I personally never use the Account Page for anything. With the saved search already in place I think it would be an easy job to implement such a feature.

Thanks again
Best regards
Asger
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

To be sure that things are clear, this forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community. That means that, while we can discuss features for Thunderbird or point out ways to accomplish what posters suggest for new features, we can't add to or change anything in the program itself.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You can use the manually sort folders add-on to change the location of folders. I've used it to change the location of a saved search folder.