Unselect spam

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
niccoX

Unselect spam

Post by niccoX »

If a hosts message goes into my spam folder and I mark it as not spam, doing it on the webgui in Outlook will notify Microsoft that this message is not considered a spam, and if more people to the same thing they might not forward it to the spam folder in the future.

If I do it in my Thunderbird client, will Microsoft get a notification?
DanRaisch

Re: Unselect spam

Post by DanRaisch »

That may depend on what settings have been selected in Thunderbird in regard to Junk mail ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_Mail_Controls ) and also whether Thunderbird is accessing that account as a POP or IMAP account. ( Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue. )
niccoX

Post by niccoX »

I'm on IMAP. So far I just selected SpamAssassin and disabled my own rules. But I can't still figure out if Microsoft or Google will get the notification is I unspam some email.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If Thunderbird moves a message from a Junk/Bulk/Spam folder to the Inbox as the result of it being marked as Not Junk by the user, that message will be moved on the IMAP server side as well. Whether that will cause Google or Microsoft to recognize it as Not Junk, I can't say for sure but I rather doubt it.