Using Message Source data in Message Filters

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
gkdiamond

Using Message Source data in Message Filters

Post by gkdiamond »

My email address was recently obtained and I have been getting many spam emails for the past two months. I have been able to block them using the Message Filters option but it is limited and the spammers are very persistent. They will change something so that I have to continually modify my filters. Is there a way to have message filters use data from the Message Source. It would really make the filters powerful and stop much of the modifying if message filters could key off of words, headers, phrases, etc. in the message source such as "Sender:marine-embassy-guard-association.googlegroups.com". This spammer has been around for years and has sent out millions of spam emails. Many of mine are coming from him/them.
makaiguy

Re: Using Message Source data in Message Filters

Post by makaiguy »

You can filter for just about any message header. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Th ... om_headers
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
gkdiamond

Re: Using Message Source data in Message Filters

Post by gkdiamond »

Thanks a lot for your help and the link. I looked at the customize option but didn't realize it looks at the message source, I thought the filter only sees what I see in the email message. It worked great!