"Outlook bar" and "Post to a folder" fea

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
TechFan

Post by TechFan »

Looking great! I like the message counts. . .would be even nicer to have the little "unseen" red star indicator. . .;-) Btw, sent a couple private emails.
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

What "little 'unseen' red star indicator" ?

Remember, I do not have Outlook and never have.. You need to explain this red star thing ...
TechFan

Post by TechFan »

It isn't an Outlook thing. I am talking about the little red star-like thing in Thunderbird that appears on an account/folder that has received new mail. . .

btw, did you get my private email messages or should I go find them and send them another way?
TechFan

Post by TechFan »

Oh, btw, I found that when I restart Thunderbird, I lose the unread counts until I rename the shortcuts again. . .
TechFan

Post by TechFan »

Well, I guess it isn't really that critical, but I am about to disable the Outlook bar to get the screen space back. I really like this extension, but I keep having to scroll around and check each folder anyway since I can't tell if I have gotten any new messages in that folder (without that little red star). Yes, I do leave a bunch of messages as "unread" so that I can remember to work on them or find them easier and the message counts don't get updated unless you visit the actual folder. I really like the idea, but it would be great to have a way to know if there was new mail in the folders listed.
rumester

Post by rumester »

it's just me who download a corrupted XPI ?
unfrostedpoptart

Help! Moved to PC - Shortcuts not working right.

Post by unfrostedpoptart »

Help! I've been very happily using the great Shortcut Pane extension (0.0.6.1) for months with Thunderbird (1.5.x) on a Mac. I just got a new Dell 9400/WinXP-Pro laptop and moved over my Thunderbird profile. Everything is fine except the extension has amnesia: I can add folders to the shortcuts, but every time I restart Thunderbird they are all gone!

I tried unstalling and reinstalling it, but there's no change. My other extensions (including TB Header Tools Extension) are fine.

What's going on? I'm in massive withdrawl without my shortcuts!

Thanks,

David
alanharrison

Post by alanharrison »

This is a great extension, I'd been looking for something like this for some time. I have version 0.0.6.1, has it been updated? Where can I find news on updates? There's no mention of this particular extension on the authors website.
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

Note that the newest version of TB now has "favorites" folders.. So I will not be maintaining this extension any longer..

To add a folder to your favorites list, right click a folder and tick "favorite folder"

to see all favorite folders, click view...folders...favorite
alanharrison

Post by alanharrison »

This must in TB2, I don't see it in 1.5.02.

Thanks