I really need tags now - suggestions?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
astras

Search Header Tools?

Post by astras »

I've downloaded the header tools extension, and I really like teh functionality of it. I do with there was a quicker way to add the new x-tag, but otherwise its great. Quick question, how do I search for the x-tags once I create them?

Thanks,

Adam
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

You have to customize the search terms ..

So, in the search window, click on the dropdown that contains 'subject', then click in the 'customize' item

In the dialog that comes up, type in the *exact* header name that you are using, for example

X-Tags

then click ok..

then when searching, just dropdown and select that new header from that list, then choose ...contains (or doesn't contain)... Then type in a value

Custom headers do NOT allow you to pick qualifiers like 'is less than', is more than', 'is before', and 'is after'.. These are reserved for headers that TB knows ( like Date, From, To etc )

this extension

www.supportware.net/mozilla/QSE.xpi

should give you the ability to 'quick search' the headers that you have in the HeaderTools extension option 'New Header Defaults'
Lost User 36316

Post by Lost User 36316 »

Tried the QSE now. It adds X-Tags and a blank to quick searches. What's the blank?
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

hmm, what is the *exact* text of your 'New Header defaults" in your HeaderTools options window ?
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy ausdilecce,

noticed the QSE ext and wondered ... are you going to add that to the headertools extension? i'm not really too likely to use it since i use headertools to set things up for virtual folders, but it's an interesting addition ...

take care,
lee
Lost User 36316

Exact text of New Header defaults: X-Tags>Arbeid:MayDay:politikk:vreng:personlig:Nettsider:fattigdomsnr,

Maybe the blank line is X-Categories which doesn't exist in my setup? If I search with the blank line it acts as To or CC which is right above it.
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

You have a comma at the end of the "New Header Defaults" value.. that will produce a 'blank' header default in QSE
Lost User 36316

Thanks, it's gone now.