Schedule recurring emails in Thunderbird?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
BAJ1

Re: Schedule recurring emails in Thunderbird?

Post by BAJ1 »

Has anybody found a solution for this? I have two applications for it.

1. Need to send out a file monthly (new file with the same name) to a group of people, many low-techies. I don't have access to a web or ftp server to post the file, and am not interested in setting or maintaining one up for this purpose.

2. I would like to set something like this up as a reminder system in collecting regular information from the employees of our company.

Thanks,
-Brad
sdkidaho

Post by sdkidaho »

This would be great. I have a message that I send out once a week to the same people - just a reminder to complete a certain task that week. If I could automate it so that it would send on it's own, on the same day at the same time every week, that would be great.

Surely there's one of you smart people out there that can make this happen? :D

I do have it in a template - double click, send... yeah, it's not hard, but it's one more thing to get taken care of.

Thanks
Mike-97470

Post by Mike-97470 »

I want to send a data request message daily to the NWS FTP server to be fed selectable weather conditions, forecasts, sea states, satellite images, etc.........Yes, it may be possible find and bookmark the web pages, but I think it a little tidier to have everything show up in a little TB folder, and "You've Got Mail!". People floating around in little boats in the middle of the ocean would really want to do this.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Well, unless an extension exists that I am unaware of that function is still not available for Thunderbird.

Locking this thread due to the age of the original posts.