MozillaZine

Palm Sync?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
elempoimen

Post Posted June 20th, 2004, 8:27 pm

So, any idea if this will be available for 0.7, now that we're a whole lot more stable? I'm still missing it...and I still need it. I do think that this will be an essential feature for TB to go mainstream.
<a href="http://thegateway.blogspot.com" target="_blank">Journey to the Gateway :: a postmodern journey of faith</a>

Doubled22

Post Posted April 6th, 2005, 10:33 pm

Mine was syncing part of my addresses and not others. I found the ones marked "private" were not bing synced. Unmarked those marked private and everything is working fine. TB1.02, Palm OS 5.2, Sony TJ25, Supernames 2.27

jamida

Post Posted May 3rd, 2006, 4:38 pm

Ok... I admit... I'm an idiot, although I believe the darn thing auto-installed itself... but I'm guessing that I accidentally installed palmsync into Firefox and hence NOT Thunderbird. Symptoms:
a) whenever I hot sync, firefox starts up
b) no new addresses are copied down to my palm.

I tried explicitly installing palmsync.xpi into Thunderbird, but that didn't fix it... Firefox still opens and contacts are not added.

My question, and I did look... how do I uninstall palmsync from FIREFOX? Should I completely uninstall Firefox and then try to reinstall palmsync (into thunderbird)?

I'd be willing to try this on my own... despite this accident, I'm reasonably competent with computers. However, I'm concenred that in the process of restoring my bookmarks, I may also include the errornously installed palmsync.xpi file and any strategy involving deletion of Firefox/Thunderbird should re-assure me that I won't accidentally recover the errorneous palmsync.xpi installation when I restore my bookmarks/email folders.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mike
Mike

wsmwk

Post Posted May 20th, 2008, 2:04 pm

Thunderbird trunk (generally).
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Testing

Return to Thunderbird Features