Docking address book!

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
David

Docking address book!

Post by David »

My grandma has suggested that a docking contacts list or address book, is a must! I mean netscape has one, and so does outlook express..........I think its a much needed feature, and it wouldn't be that hard to impliment would it? i'd be really glad to see that! She also suggested the option to export selected contacts, so you can email their details to people on your list.........instead of having to edit the export file in notepad....that would be so easy and useful!
Grandpas

Re: Docking address book!

Post by Grandpas »

David wrote:My grandma has suggested that a docking contacts list or address book, is a must! I mean netscape has one, and so does outlook express..........I think its a much needed feature, and it wouldn't be that hard to impliment would it? i'd be really glad to see that! She also suggested the option to export selected contacts, so you can email their details to people on your list.........instead of having to edit the export file in notepad....that would be so easy and useful!

good idea .. but only as an option because:
- an address book icon appears now (if configured) in the main icon bar, the access is easier than before (very small icon in the bottom left corner of Mozilla mail)
- with auto-completion, we may bypass completely the address book (I use it one or two times in a month, just to organize/delete collected addresses)
David

Post by David »

Grandpas wrote:
David wrote:My grandma has suggested that a docking contacts list or address book, is a must! I mean netscape has one, and so does outlook express..........I think its a much needed feature, and it wouldn't be that hard to impliment would it? i'd be really glad to see that! She also suggested the option to export selected contacts, so you can email their details to people on your list.........instead of having to edit the export file in notepad....that would be so easy and useful!

good idea .. but only as an option because:
- an address book icon appears now (if configured) in the main icon bar, the access is easier than before (very small icon in the bottom left corner of Mozilla mail)
- with auto-completion, we may bypass completely the address book (I use it one or two times in a month, just to organize/delete collected addresses)

Yes i know its there. i've used mozilla for years :-)
um, i understand that but some people find it easier to just double click.......plus it allows for intigration with AIM and/or other IM programs in the future.
Grandpas

Post by Grandpas »

Yes i know its there. i've used mozilla for years :-)
plus it allows for intigration with AIM and/or other IM programs in the future.

Right