Many duplicates emails. How to deduplicate?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
nodnolse

Many duplicates emails. How to deduplicate?

Post by nodnolse »

I have 2 o 3 identical email multiplicate per thousands times. I used an addon and it has clean a bit but the duplicates emain. Does exist a string to clean all dupes? The date, size and everything are identical in duplicate emails.

Thanks for help me

Paolo
DanRaisch

Re: Many duplicates emails. How to deduplicate?

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
What extension did you install to remove the duplicate messages?
nodnolse

Post by nodnolse »

Imap. I used "Remove Duplicate Messages (Alternate) 0.3.18b" the only addon that I found dedupe emails. With tis addons, if I have for instance 6 duplicates, it cut off #3 or #4 identical emails but not all. I still with #2 0r #3 copy of the identical email ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) , same date an seconds, same size/lines, same body and object. It is very incredible. Thanks for answering

Paolo
nodnolse

Post by nodnolse »

I'm thinking to downgrade THunderbird to 2015. At that period there were more app to deduplicate massages/emails. Maybe the one I'm using is too sensitive or I am unable to setup it.

Thanks
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You could use the search systems to successively find all messages with a given subject and delete all but one of the copies found.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Is this a problem mainly with the inbox? One possibility is that your inbox folder is corrupt, causing some deleted messages to get resurrected.

One of the comments on your add-ons web site stated they needed to untick Size in Tools > Add-on Preferences > Remove Duplicate Messages in order to remove duplicates because "the size of the duplicates is different to the originals because new headers were inserted into them"