collected address

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
decroft

collected address

Post by decroft »

Thunderbird is now adding address to the collected address folder without checking for duplicates. I now have hundreds of duplicate addresses in the collected folder. Started about three months ago.
tanstaafl

Re: collected address

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't have that problem with 91.8.1, no duplicates. What I see is addresses are only added to the collected addresses address book if the recipient is not in the personal address book. That seems new .

I'm using a profile that was created about a month ago with some version of 91.* when I replaced my PC. I suspect you've run into a regression bug that has been fixed but because you've never removed the duplicates it looks like its never been fixed. I suggest you remove the duplicates and see if the problem returns.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

You might be able to export both files to text files then your use PowerShell on windows 10 and select -unique for your option. I didn't read this entire posting but you may have the pleasure.
https://superuser.com/questions/1316317 ... -unix-uniq

OnEdit:
You need to combine the files into 1 file -- something like this:
copy infile1.txt+infile2.txt output.txt

Sort based on the first character
sort /+1 output.txt sortedoutput.txt

Issue a command like this in the directory where the input file exists:

Code: Select all

type sortedoutput.txt | powershell -nop "$input | sort -unique"
Be bold give it a try.
Last edited by BruceAWittmeier on April 27th, 2022, 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
morat

Post by morat »

Are you using any address book addons? Maybe there is an addon bug.
decroft

Post by decroft »

Deleting was the first thing I did, didn't work. Exporting list doesn't stop Thunderbird from adding duplicates. This problem
started only about 3 months ago.

FYI search doesn't work, "collected addresses" brings up ten year old posts. Plus below is the error message when I select "view your posts" in both Firefox and Chrome.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'mozine_forums.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
morat

Post by morat »

decroft

Post by decroft »

Has anyone else have this problem with multiple entries in collected address? I have no addons. This is obviously a bug.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

What version are you using? I don't see it in 91.11.0 or 102.0.2 so I'm wondering if you ran into a regression bug in a older version that has been fixed.
decroft

Post by decroft »

91.8.1 64 bit
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I suggest you upgrade to 91.11.0.
decroft

Post by decroft »

Thunderbird says it's up to date so no I can't update to 91.11.0
decroft

Post by decroft »

Also, Thunderbird crashes at least every three days. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, no change.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Sounds like you are having some real problems with your profile. Especially since you cannot even update.

Are these IMAP accounts? If so, it's fairly easy to create a new profile and use that for a little bit to see if the problems continue or not. I am using 102.1 without crashes and the collected address book is not being spammed with duplicate addresses.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.