Offline capability

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
none13

Offline capability

Post by none13 »

Please, return the ability to work offline!

I have an IMAP account, and a shaky connection to the 'net. Every time the internet goes down, I can not use thunderbird for 10 seconds w/o being informed of a dropped internet connection.

I understand that this feature may not be necessary for every single user, but ripping out a feature which was already implemented is not the best option. I understand that it will be moved to an extension some time in the future, but before it does, it should stay in the build. Ripping it out has been a rather disappointing regression of late... :(

Thank you.

P.s. If there's a valid counterpoint to my request, please let me know.
mscott

Re: Offline capability

Post by mscott »

none13 wrote:Please, return the ability to work offline!

I have an IMAP account, and a shaky connection to the 'net. Every time the internet goes down, I can not use thunderbird for 10 seconds w/o being informed of a dropped internet connection.

I understand that this feature may not be necessary for every single user, but ripping out a feature which was already implemented is not the best option. I understand that it will be moved to an extension some time in the future, but before it does, it should stay in the build. Ripping it out has been a rather disappointing regression of late... :(

Thank you.

P.s. If there's a valid counterpoint to my request, please let me know.

This isn't even a 0.1 release. If you need a fully featured mail client please use Mozilla Mail. That's what it's there for. We aren't even a 0.1 yet.

Otherwise you'll have to wait until extensions are properly implemented and someone produces an offline extension.
Thunderbirds are Go!