address autocomplete broken with LDAP?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
ddp337

address autocomplete broken with LDAP?

Post by ddp337 »

I'm running version 0.1a (20030603) on Win2K

I've configured only one account, which is an IMAP account. Let's say my email is foo@bar.org on this IMAP account. I've also configured an LDAP directory, which works fine, 'cuz I can query against it in the "Address Book" window. BTW, my LDAP directory requires a username/password.

So when I'm composing a new message, any text I enter in the To: field that doesn't match an entry in my Personal Address book automatically gets "@bar.org" appended to it.

For example, if I enter "John Doe" in the To: field and John Doe has an entry in my LDAP directory but not in my Personal Address book, Thunderbird completes the address as "Jonn Doe@bar.org". If I go ahead and send the message, I get reply saying the message to "John" failed and the message to "Doe@bar.org" failed.

If I turn Address Autocomplete off, the "@bar.org" goes away, but Thunderbird still tries to send a message to John and a message to Doe. Is there a "complete address on demand" command/keystroke that will query the LDAP directory?

-Dave