Unable to write the email to the mailbox

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
braiunfear

Re: Unable to write the email to the mailbox

Post by braiunfear »

Okay i know there are a lot of answers and solutions posted.

This is what i did to correct it.

I closed Netscape.

Renamed the C:\documents and settings\USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla to Mozilla.old

Then I started Netsacape.

Looks like new install. hit cancel on prompts and close netscape again.

Then i went back and into my mozilla.old folder and copied the files that were below my profile name "Mozilla\Profiles\default\[random numbers and letters here]" the mail ,chrome and all files from this folder and pasted them into the new profile.
Started Netscape and worked like a charm.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Er, this is a forum for the email program Thunderbird, not the Netscape browser. Besides, Netscape is dead.
DaveInAustinTx

Post by DaveInAustinTx »

Just encountered this (September 2013) on Windows 7 running Thunderbird 17.0.8. Tried all recommended actions short of reinstalling with no change. Finally went to download Thunderbird for reinstall and discovered that my Windows TEMP directory was unavailable (mine is not stored on the C: drive which is an SSD). Once I changed the TEMP directory (Control Panel->System->Advanced Settings->Environment Variables) to an accessible path everything works normally again.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for your report but after four plus years it is very doubtful that anyone is watching this thread for an answer to this issue.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.