TB 45.0 window drawn incorrectly on alternate display(Mac)

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
jj5406

TB 45.0 window drawn incorrectly on alternate display(Mac)

Post by jj5406 »

I wasn't sure of the best way to describe this problem in the subject line.

I work on a mac MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012). I use an Apple Cinema HD Display as a secondary monitor. I frequently move application windows between my laptop screen and external monitor screen depending on how cluttered each one is. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5.

Thunderbird will display correctly on whichever screen it starts up on (laptop screen or external monitor) but when I drag the Thunderbird window from one screen to the other, it is redrawn incorrectly - with wrong sized fonts, window decorations, etc. It is confused about UI location in the window, and therefore unusable until I drag the corner to resize the window, at which point it redraws correctly for the screen it is on. The same thing happens for the new message window, address book window, and I assume any other independent Thunderbird window.

This bug appeared immediately after upgrading TB 45.0 and does not seem to be the result of any operating system updates. Prior to TB 45.0, dragging the TB window from one screen to the other worked just fine.

In my setup, the display resolution is set to "default for display" (instead of "scaled") on both the external monitor and laptop screen - though, I believe the "default" for the retina display is to actually apply some kind of scaling, which may be part of the problem.

-J
Last edited by DanRaisch on April 26th, 2016, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mac
fdisk2k

Re: TB 45.0 window drawn incorrectly on alternate display(Ma

Post by fdisk2k »

I have a Mac Mini (Intel Graphics) and I have distorted icons, downgraded again until it get fixed in the next release.

http://img110.xooimage.com/files/1/5/a/ ... f345fb.png
12º 12' S
77º 03' W
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

Mixing HD and non HD monitors has emerged as a known issue, and is being looked at.
Thanks for reporting this
joshlitt

Post by joshlitt »

Same issue here. Sleeping and then waking between retina display and external HD monitor seems to cause display issues with 45.0
ZebraMac

Post by ZebraMac »

I have a new iMac Retina 21 inch running El Capitan and with a Dell external monitor.

Since upgrading to Thunderbird v 45.0 this has been happening repeatedly on both monitors regardless of the one its starts on or the window is moved to. It is very painful and I hope a patch will come soon.

The other problem is that sometimes one of the monitors (both do it) remains black (or asleep) after booting up. I have to enter system preferences and then the Monitors pane. If I fiddle with the arrange monitors by moving one about it corrects itself.

Not sure if that has anything to do with Thunderbird but it is recent and did not happen after I bought it and installed El Capitan.. Perhaps that will help identify the problem.
fdisk2k

Post by fdisk2k »

To see the icons working properly in a Mac using Thunderbird, you have to edit the userChrome.css using this text explained in this link:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2548829
12º 12' S
77º 03' W