New Mail Icon

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
Denise51

New Mail Icon

Post by Denise51 »

The New Mail Icon does not stay on system tray, it poofs after about 10 secs. This icon used to stay on until you read the email. I am missing a lot of new emails. I tried altering the setting on Tools, Options,General and Customise the seconds there I set that to 3600 secs but that does not work. Also it is very hard to type the amount of seconds in that box.

Can we have the old Icon back please also the the number has gone from the task tray when Thunderbird is minimised there used to be a number there to say how many emails.
wsmwk

Re: New Mail Icon

Post by wsmwk »

When exactly did it change for you?
And does the problem reproduce with Thunderbird started in safe mode?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/safe-mode
Denise51

Re: New Mail Icon

Post by Denise51 »

I've done some more delving this happened after the latest update. For some reason after the update the system tray notifications had changed and not showing the setting show icon and notifications. After resetting that the icon stayed on until the message was read.

This setting was never oroginally altered manually and neither was there any window updates to alter that setting, the setting was altered on the thunderbird update.

Where has the unread number gone from the minimised to task bar. Sure we used to see that