Copy from Write window does not work if image present

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
r.stone

Copy from Write window does not work if image present

Post by r.stone »

I just upgraded to Thunderbird 52.1.1 (32 bit). When I reply to a message, the reply appears in the Write window. I add my reply text, and then copy the contents of the Write window by selecting all (Ctrl+A) and copying (either Edit...Copy or Ctrl+C). If the reply contains an image (e.g., a .jpg in a signature block), when I go to paste what I have copied into a Word document, the paste does not work. If there is no image present, the Copy/Paste operation does work. Pasting into Notepad or Wordpad does work, because the image is thrown away. Restarting Thunderbird in Mozilla Safe Mode does not alter the behavior. This behavior is different that previous versions of Thunderbird: copying and pasting material from the Write window containing images would work when pasting into Word with previous versions. I'm running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, and using Word 2000. Since it has unfortunately become common for people to include image files in their e-mails (in signature blocks, or as logos), and their presence prevents me from copying and pasting those e-mails into a Word document, this is a serious bug.
DanRaisch

Re: Copy from Write window does not work if image present

Post by DanRaisch »

Duplicate post, locking. Continue in http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14749101