New TB update not "save all" attachments (Mac)

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
tkeiger

New TB update not "save all" attachments (Mac)

Post by tkeiger »

52.1.1 just installed on Mac OS 10.11.6
I can save individual attachments to a specified location. However, when I receive a message with multiple attachments, the "save all" button in the lower right corner saves nothing. Dialog box works fine; I can create a new folder, etc. But when I go to the location, there's nothing there.
I CAN click on each individual attachment and save it (although that's obviously somewhat painful)
Happens with both POP and iMAP accounts, so not related to Exquilla

Immediately began happening when Thunderbird updated this morning.

thanks!
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 26th, 2017, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added (Mac) to subject line.
tkeiger

Re: New TB update not "save all" attachments (Mac)

Post by tkeiger »

I suppose that i must be the only one having this problem? Everyone else can save multiple attachments by choosing 'save all' and then save to a location?
<bump>
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

tkeiger wrote:Everyone else can save multiple attachments by choosing 'save all' and then save to a location?
Running TB 52.1.1 on macOS 10.11.6 at least I can!
Using the "Save All" button or the "Save All" item in the drop-down menu or the menu "Message" > Attachments > Save All I have no problem to save several attachments in a single action to my desktop.
Did you test Thunderbird safe mode? Hold the Alt (Option) key when launching TB
tkeiger

Post by tkeiger »

ah, interesting!
I did exactly as Eckard suggested (thanks!!) and yes, I COULD download multiple attachments in safe mode. However...what that also showed me (or rather, didn't show me) was my 3 ExQuilla accounts, which are my three primary accounts. So I'm thinking that there's some kind of hiccup between TB and ExQuilla then.
rjneeley

Post by rjneeley »

I am having this exact problem, ended up having to go back to an earlier version. Same thing too -- I'm using ExQuilla for a Microsoft Server account. I'm posting in hopes that someone helps you and thereby helps me!