Lost Password Login Problem

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
MacLingo

Lost Password Login Problem

Post by MacLingo »

I had a lost password problem which I couldn't resolve. (I found the right information in a Password file later.) I kept getting a wrong message, and I think I noticed something about your user name had to be entered exactly as it was originally entered. Now user names are never case sensitive. I tried several versions but never found one that worked. So if there is a case sensitive requirement, maybe that should be removed.

Another issue: it doesn't say anything about which characters are usable. I finally got my password generator to give me one without numeric upper case keys and it worked. But perhaps something should be added to that screen specifying which characters are allowed.

Thanks for running this board. We all are greatly indebted to your efforts to provide support as I watch Microsoft scaling back on their support.

Would you mark this as solved when you've dealt with it. OR I'll check back myself to do it later.
Mac Lingo
Berkeley, CA
DanRaisch

Re: Lost Password Login Problem

Post by DanRaisch »

Probably going to move this to Thunderbird Support as it doesn't seem as though this would be a Thunderbird bug.

User names entered in Thunderbird must match whatever is required by the email provider's servers. Thunderbird itself does not require case case sensitive names nor does it preclude the use of numbers or upper case characters. However, without the specific text of the error message you were dealing with it's hard to be sure what was involved.
Also, who is the email provide for the account that was displaying the error?