Duplicate email addresses in Address Book

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
LetterpressUSA

Duplicate email addresses in Address Book

Post by LetterpressUSA »

Duplicate email addresses appear in my Address Book. These contacts do not include additional contact information that I have added to the original contact. (Phone numbers, Organization, Address, etc.) But they do include the person's name and email address. I simply cannot get rid of them. I delete from All Address Book and from Collected Addresses. Then close the program completely. When I reopen the program the duplicate email address will be gone. But if I try to add that contact to a group list, the duplicate address appears in the list, and again in the All Address Book. Driving me crazy!
DanRaisch

Re: Duplicate email addresses in Address Book

Post by DanRaisch »

Note that "All Address Books" is not a separate address book but only a display of the combined data from all individual address books in the profile.
How many separate address books do you have in Thunderbird?
LetterpressUSA

Post by LetterpressUSA »

We have two separate email addresses, both using the same Address Book. Set up within the Address Book, we have several Lists set up. But if I understand your question, only one address book.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Try adding addresses to your mail lists by dragging them from the addressbook listing and dropping them on the mail list name in the left column.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

But if I understand your question, only one address book.
Open the Address Book window using menu path Tools->Address Book and note the left hand pane which displays the available address books. Thunderbird has two address books by default, one named Personal Address Book and the other named Collected Addresses. If you are adding contacts from, for instance, Collected Addresses to a mailing list that exists in the Personal Address Book, it will result in duplicate records appearing in the All Address Books display. This is because the mailing lists are not stored as separate files but are only sub-sets of the data in their parent address book.