TB Lists

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
Angelsdtp

TB Lists

Post by Angelsdtp »

[size=200]After last "upgrade" finally figured out what the problem with long working lists is. It seems, some, not all, lists when clicked create the list name then the < > brackets, [b][u]BUT INSERTS " AT THE BEGINNING AND END.[/u][/b] AGAIN,[i] NOT ALL[/i], BUT SOME, BUT IS MOST ANNOYING NECESSITATING ACTUAL MANUAL DELETING--TWO STEP.
HAVE TRIED RECREATING LISTS, AND OTHER POSSIBILITIES TO NO AVAIL. Can't imagine why this could've happened, nor how to remove it. Something had to happen in rewritten code. Would greatly appreciate response as well to email: [url]angelsdtp@usa.net[/url].
Too reiterate: a pair of " are inserted at beginning and end of < > on lists--requiring manual removal before it is accepted. [size=200][/size][/size]
Albert M. Simon, Angels dtp, LLC
"…desktop publishing…since 1989!"
Angelsdtp

Re: TB Lists

Post by Angelsdtp »

In other words it would look like this: List 1 <"List 1"> which would then require deleting both " to function so it would appear as List 1 <List 1>
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried removing the spaces from the list name(s)?
Angelsdtp

Post by Angelsdtp »

Fantastic! Never thought about that.. it seems to be the answer. But why didn't it happen before?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It has happened before for other users. It may be that a change “fixed” that and there has a regression but this is not the first time this has coe up on the forum.
Angelsdtp

Post by Angelsdtp »

Well thanks so much-greatly appreciated. I realize there are characters than can be used like - or _ , even others, to separate, but no problem with removing spaces. What a relief. I really hate when "regressions" occur--kinda suggests not too careful quality control when upgrading. Sometimes I think that some programmers, in general, want to impress so much they don't worry about the consequences it imposes on others. As they often say--if it ain't broke--don't fix it.