Thunderbird not displaying images inline

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
bmatthewshea

Re: Thunderbird not displaying images inline

Post by bmatthewshea »

Yeah we now use IMAP on main work email. Have not updated, but all of sudden forwards and reply's started displaying inline. So I am happy here as well. May not have worked before as we had just moved to IMAP and not everyone was using it.. some were POP/Exchange/Outlook. Anyway, seems to working fine now.
pyrra

Post by pyrra »

Hello everyone,

I had the same problem with the new version of TB and no answer on the dutch forum. So one of the moderators propose the look here. I've tried everything proposed. Nothing helped until the answer of someone (Pascal123) on the dutch list this evening:

Go to the adressbook --> extra -->options --> tab advanced --> configuration (?) --> choose "no proxy" and than all the "OK".

Greetings
Stephan
bmatthewshea

Post by bmatthewshea »

Go to the adressbook --> extra -->options --> tab advanced --> configuration (?) --> choose "no proxy" and than all the "OK".

you must mean :

Address Book -> Options -> Advanced -> Network & Disk Space -> Settings (Connection) -> "No Proxy"

Mine is set to the default "Use system proxy settings" and mine works fine. So you must have something set in for a default proxy elsewhere depending on OS. Judging by your browser post method, you are using XP. Check your Internet Explorer Options for a proxy being setup.
pyrra

Post by pyrra »

I only use Firefox on Windows XP, but IE was still on my computer and now lan without proxy-server

greetings
Stephan
Helvetica

Post by Helvetica »

The older versions of Tbird worked fine in all respects - including with my Quicktext Pro which stopped working with a later version) which is why (I know a lot of you will scream at me to update) I went back to good old 1.5.0. I see inline pics fine.
My husband (laptop) uses a later version - his settings are identical to mine, same system, same mail server, same Tbird settings - but he cannot see them. So if I understand the last few posts correctly, the 3.-- Version should show images inline. Well I sure ain't going to experiment with MY system which works perfectly, so I will try the new version on his laptop :-P