Outgoing messages fail - "invalid certificate"

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
Bonnetta

Post by Bonnetta »

Deleting the certificate worked for me. However, under a different profile I can not remember where I went to find the certificates. The knowledge base has not been updated since 1-06 per the footer. It is no longer under TOOLS--->OPTIONS--->ADVANCED--->CERTIFICATES. No such tab exists. Will someone kindly remind me where I found the certificates? I am using version 1.5.0.9. Thank you.
marleyy

Post by marleyy »

Bonnetta,
Under the email account: Tools - Account Settings - Security - Certificates- click on View Certificates tab, then Web Sites tab. Delete the web site certificates. Next time you send out email, you can accept the certificates again.

Beware: This will only work for a while and you will have to do it over and over and over........

HTH,
marlene
Bonnetta

Thank you!

Post by Bonnetta »

LOL

Thank you!
MrJester

Post by MrJester »

I had this problem in Fx2.0.0.1 as well. I resolved it by renaming the cert8.db file and restarting Fx. I haven't had the issue come back yet. My only guess as to why it is an issue is due to upgrading Fx while maintaining the same profile over time.

I hope this helps.
[ROLO]

Post by [ROLO] »

MrJester wrote:I had this problem in Fx2.0.0.1 as well. I resolved it by renaming the cert8.db file and restarting Fx. I haven't had the issue come back yet. My only guess as to why it is an issue is due to upgrading Fx while maintaining the same profile over time.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, I just did this and I sent a mail :)