No News in Minotaur - or what?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
fbddk

No News in Minotaur - or what?

Post by fbddk »

I have been taking it for a given that Minotaur should be for email and news, but the only place mentioning the news part is <a href="http://texturizer.net/minotaur/">Minotaur Help</a>.

All other places Minotaur is beeing refered to as the Mail Client - or at least thats what I can recall.

I know the news module is in the current build, but that could be because it still haven't been removed - after all Minotaur is not even in 0.1 yet. But when I tried to make a subscribtion to netscape.public.mozilla.announce I got as far as to attempt getting posts from the newsgroup, but Minotuar choose to stall - and I've tried it 3 times now with the same result.

The bottom line here is - Will the news module be cut out of Minotaur in the future or is it simply a bit buggy right now - or do I need to shake the rubber chicken above my computer?

(Using Minotaur build 2003-04-09 on winXP)
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Re: No News in Minotaur - or what?

Post by Alex Bishop »

fbddk wrote:The bottom line here is - Will the news module be cut out of Minotaur in the future or is it simply a bit buggy right now - or do I need to shake the rubber chicken above my computer?

Minotaur will do newsgroups.
Alex
willll

Post by willll »

I've gotten newsgroups to work in Minotaur. Haven't tried posting to any of them, but I suspect it would work fine, and something about you minotaur is messed up.
Emilio Lizardo

Post by Emilio Lizardo »

Hopefully anything not mail will be gone from Minotaur in the near future.

What does Usenet have to do with email?
mscott

Post by mscott »

News is and will be a part of Minotaur just as news is part of mozilla mail.

I have no plans to remove usenet support. So no need to shake your rubber chicken over your computer just yet =)

I'm not sure why you were having trouble posting news. I've been able to. Is this something you see in mozilla mail too? Maybe it's a problem with trunk builds right now.
Emilio Lizardo

Post by Emilio Lizardo »

While we're at it how about itegrating a web brower, an html editor, and a chat program in Minotaur?

Oh well, back to Eudora...
fbddk

Post by fbddk »

Well I didn't even get to read news in Minotaur and was just checking to see if I was the only one with the problem. And I haven't checked it in a recent Mozilla build - tend to use only Px & Minotaur.

I think the problem was that I defined another "Local directory" in the Server Settings because it works fine when I dont mess with the default settings.