[RFE] improve way Thunderbird tells user what it's doing

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
hachre

[RFE] improve way Thunderbird tells user what it's doing

Post by hachre »

Hi,

there is a problem in the current way Minotaur/Thunderbird is telling the user what it's currently doing.

For example if Thunderbird is downloading some mails from different accounts (or even from one) or if you are deleting hunderts of mails, marking them junk and such, then Thunderbird is busy doing stuff for quite some time and the user doesn't know what it is doing.

The user doesn't get informed what it is being done, how long it will take to complete, how much percent of it is already done and so on.

Therefore you can't check how much mails have already been downloaded, how mails have already been deleted and so on.

There should be some kind of optional dialog box that tells the user what Thunderbird is currently doing. Getting mail X of Y (Z percent), ETA 2 mins... The info in the Statusbar isn't always enough.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to improve the way of communication with the user by creating a dialog box, with progressbar and detailed information?

What do you think about this?
Yeah... How about that!!?!
hachre

Post by hachre »

Did noone get what I mean? Or doesn't anyone care..
Yeah... How about that!!?!
mscott

Post by mscott »

The progress bar has been broken in the last couple thunderbird builds inside the mail 3-pane window. I hope to fix it in the near future.
Thunderbirds are Go!
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

I agree...something needs to be done with the progress feedback.
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

(warning: completely useless post)

galapogos wrote:I agree...something needs to be done with the progress feedback.

I know! this annoys the crap out of me!
tolremeno - still a *bird lover